Job Description, KPIs and Eligibility Criteria
Position Name: RegistrarPosition Code: Registrar 001
Reports to: Chairperson Location: HQ Islamabad
- The Registrar will be responsible for receiving and registering the communications to/by the Authority and will be responsible to sign all communications on behalf of NEECA including but not limited to issuance of any direction, orders, notices, summons etc.;
- Will facilitate the implementation of Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS), Labelling Regimes, EE&C Codes, or related regulations of the Authority;
- Responsible for smooth processing of complaints, notices etc. between NEECA, designated consumers and other relevant bodies as per the mandate as described in the NEECA Act, 2016 and Rules and Regulations made there under;
- Responsible to obtain information or data relevant to the functions of the Authority from any person and to assist the Authority in conducting the inquiries and investigation into energy conservation issues;
- Responsible for issuance of summons for enforcement of attendance of any person of an entity for supplying any information or document needed for conducting the inquiry or investigation upon any issue pursuant to the provisions of NEECA Act 2016;
- Responsible for arranging recovery of fee, rates and charges for rendering any service or providing any facility or information or data audit or assessment or test as per the provisions of NEECA Act;
- Responsible to process applications for registration of designated consumers in related EE&C regimes and receive applications seeking concessions of the fee or certification cost as per rules and procedures;
- Responsible for communicating the spot checks and inspections by Legal and Enforcement Staff to the relevant parties;
- The Registrar shall have custody of all the records of NEECA;
- Any other functions assigned by the Authority from time to time.
Key performance Indicators
- Number of violations/cases/ appeals handled related to the national energy efficiency standards, certification, and labeling for domestic and commercial equipment/appliances.
- Quality of services provided to the stakeholders from all over the Pakistan regarding all matters as per the mandate of the NEECA.
- % increase in stakeholders’ grievance redressal at the NEECA/ECT through provision of timely information/notices.
- Number of decisions on the EE&C standard and labeling regime referred to the Legal and Enforcement Department and other units.
Qualification and Experience
- Must be a law graduate from HEC recognized University/Institutions and must be registered member of any High Court Bar Association in Pakistan with minimum 15 years’ post-qualification professional experience;
- Experience in relevant field in a responsible position in the Government, Regulatory or in a National/International Organization (preferably in energy sector) of repute in public or private sector;
- Preference will be given to candidates with higher / international qualifications and relevant certifications.
Quota: Open merit
Salary: Market competitive salary package will be offered, subject to qualification and experience of the candidate.
Age: Maximum Age should be 50 years at the time of application (age will be calculated as on the closing date of receipt of applications).