Director General - Human Resource and Support Services
Job Description, KPIs and Qualification & Experience
Position Name: DG HR and Support Services Position Code: Support 001
Reports to: Managing Director NEECA Location: HQ Islamabad
- Responsible for human resource strategic planning, policy development and implementation of NEECA’s HR strategy as approved by the Board and Board HR& Remuneration Committee.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, HR policies, and regulatory compliance.
- Lead Recruitment and Selection function to attract, identify, select, motivate, evaluate and retain the right staff for the right job at the right time.
- To supervise and coordinate the process of recruitment and selection; identifying the vacancy needs and existing vacant position and proceed the case for the competent Authority’s consideration/approval.
- To ensure organization wide annual manpower planning and monitor current and future human resource requirements for meeting short term and long term needs and arrange for timely induction of staff as and when required.
- To review, administer and implement HR policies and procedures and ensure proper channel of communication and application of the policies and procedure throughout the organization.
- To create a work environment in which employees are able to work towards achievement of superior standards of performance. This is done by aligning the resources, systems and employees to strategic objectives and priorities of the organization.
- To ensure the availability of a skilled and developed workforce for the organization and develop an extensive Staff Training and Development Plan, facilitate employees in achieving their personal goals and enhance their individual contribution to the organization.
- To utilize annual budgets for local and foreign trainings in such manner that employees gets proper required trainings; to enhance employee’s contribution to the growth of the Authority.
- To ensure that monthly payroll process is carried out smoothly and staff salaries are transferred to respective accounts at the end of the month by Finance Department.
- To ensure that employees are equally treated and rewarded in terms of compensation and benefits for good performances, exceptional work and efficient & effective completion of additional work assignments, etc. as per the Act of NEECA; creating balance between internal and external equity and ensure that the employees are aware of their benefits.
- To identify potential successors for all critical positions and enhance each employee's current job performance by developing them for higher level and broader responsibilities to meet NEECA’s future needs.
- To strengthen the employer-employee relationship through identifying and resolving workplace issues, measuring employee satisfaction and morale, and providing support and input to the performance management system including annual performance appraisal.
- Maintain effective contacts and internal and external relationships including those with government departments and officials to obtain their timely assistance as and when required.
- To plan, control and monitor functional, financial and administrative activities related to Authority’s properties, transport, and security etc. such as procurement, day to day expenses, inventory, stationary, Logistics, Repair & Maintenance of furniture and fixtures etc.
- To review different advertisement’s to be published by various departments.
- Responsible to undertake different measures to enhance/built upon existing skill set of the employees of departments under control, comprising of both soft and technical skills.
- As part of employee development, the position holder is responsible for identification of the appropriate training needs for all departments especially the departments under control and ensures that the employees are developed in the identified areas.
- Deal with administrative matters of employees such as Leave Management, Work Assignments, and Appraisals, etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of employees trained (annual) as compared to average of last five years.
- Number of employee complaints addressed and resolved satisfactorily.
- Actual expense as compared to allotted budget.
- Percentage of variation in budget.
- Number of initiatives taken for automation as compared to average number of initiatives of last five years.
- Timely completion of the performance appraisal.
- Quality of the performance objective setting and linking with Authority’s goals.
- Quality / level of updating of the NEECA’s infrastructure, civil works, transport and equipment.
- Redressal of the complains.
- Level of effectiveness of the NEECA’s publications and press releases.
- Number of OD initiatives taken during the year and its impact.
- Number of employee relating initiatives taken and its impact.
- Rating by MD regarding the MD secretariat functions during the year.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business/ Administrative sciences or a related field.
- At least 15 years of post-qualification professional experience in human resources, business administration/support services preferably in similar industry.
- The DG HR and SS must have to demonstrate the capability of following functions and/or business units: Operations, Human Resources and Administration, Information Systems, Project Management & Procurement, Agency Promotion and Communication.
- Must possess experience as a trusted resource as a member of a senior-level executive team.
Quota: Open merit
Salary: Market competitive salary package will be offered, subject to qualification and experience of the candidate.
Age: Maximum Age should be 50 years at the time of application (age will be calculated as on the closing date of receipt of applications).